Update August 11, 2014: The price of The Ledge Bungy has increased to $180. If you book your jump through my NZ travel guide and booking website, I can take $10 off the price of the jump. Quote Backpacking Matt when booking!
A trip to New Zealand isn’t complete without a bungy jump – a topic that has been written about often on Backpackingmatt. I’ve reviewed my experiences at the Lake Taupo Bungy and on the Nevis Highwire Bungy. I put together a quick travel video which outlines the workup to my recent jump here in Queenstown. While we were short on light, and the filming was a bit rushed – in part thanks to my nerves – it should give you a great view and a different perspective on the experience. Below, you have Backpackingmatt’s second travel video: The Ledge Bungy in Queenstown.
Quick Tips and Facts
- How high? The Ledge Bungy is 47 meters high.
- How much? A single jump will cost you $175. If you’re extra keen, consider purchasing a package which will get you jumps at other AJ Hackett sites with a slight discount.
- The Ledge Bungy is unique as you have the added option of jumping at night – putting a whole new twist on bungy.
- While the typical bungy attaches you at the ankles, on The Ledge you’re attached via a waist harness and therefore have a number of different ‘jumping styles’ to choose from.
- AJ Hackett surprisingly doesn’t pick up the cost of the gondola ride to the site of their jump. Save yourself the cost by hiking to the top. There is a trail that leaves by the Skyline Gondola … it might be a good way to walk off those nerves …
- Read about my jump here.
Full Disclosure: AJ Hackett provided me with a complimentary jump in return for this review on Backpackingmatt.