Emily from Maiden Voyage had a brilliant idea a couple months back. She decided to create a Travel Blog Carnival that would give travel bloggers a chance to showcase their favorite post from the previous month. The carnival is designed to bring readers the best blog posts from the travel blogging community.
Each month, travel bloggers submit a post they have published from the past month by filling out this form. Once a month, a post like this is put together showcasing the best submissions.
Emily hosted the first and second editions of the carnival and has graciously passed the opportunity to me this month. Below you’ll find the best of the submissions from August.
Tips & Advice
- This might have been one of the best posts I read all month. Hands down. Trail of Ants hashes out the basics of writing a travel blog in Travel Blogging Basics. Maintaining a travel blog presents heaps of challenges and Ant tells you what you should and shouldn’t be worrying about.
- This is an interesting read from the Inhabit Travel Blog where they explain how As a Tourist, Sometimes You’re an Accidental Jerk. We’ve all been in positions where we’re out of our comfort zone and inevitably make … well, fools out of ourselves. I like how the author explains how she righted her wrongs.
- If you’re in to your wine, you’ll love this post by Traveling with the Jones where they give a brief write-up on their 6 Favorite Wine Bars in the US.
- Q Tripper offers up this informative Guide to South American Steaks and Meat. I was absolutely starving by the time I finished reading it. It’s a great resource if you’re a carnivore that will soon be heading to South America as it includes Spanish translations.
- Rebecca and the World shares this inspiring story about her experience at the Empilweni Primary School in South Africa. The photos in Living the celebrity life in South Africa and the story behind them makes me question why I’ve yet to travel to Africa.
- Where is Yvette writes about her experience traveling to the Fairy Falls, New Zealand just outside of Auckland.
- I love stories of finding places that most people wouldn’t know about. Monaco and Beyond shares some great photos and writes about her time in the Quedlinburg, Germany. My guess is you’ll add it to your list after reading this post.
- Never Ending Voyage wrote this extremely informative post about Road Trippin’ in Northwest Argentina. Heaps of great advice for anyone considering a trip to Argentina.
- Correr es me Destino takes us on a tour of Paris by Night – some great photos here showcasing the City of Love.
- The Maiden Voyage recently had the opportunity to interview the Priceline Bidding Expert, Don Nadeau. This post is full of great advice for anyone considering taking advantage of Priceline’s bidding option for flights and accommodation.
If you’re interested in being included next month, submit your favorite post by September 30th.